Aquatic Invaders Summit
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 | to
St. Cloud, MN
This two-day Aquatic Invaders Summit is a timely opportunity for local and tribal governments and their partners—lake associations, lake improvement districts, service providers, angling and conservation groups, hospitality industry businesses, chambers of commerce, and others—to come together to learn about resources and plan together for effective, local AIS prevention.
- Have a unique opportunity to hear from national AIS prevention leaders about successful programs in other states and on-the-ground applied science and actions for preventing the spread of AIS.
- Learn about various Minnesota local government plans and approaches as models for action.
- Develop an understanding of current Minnesota practices/laws related to AIS management and prevention.
- Gain insights into successful communication and education tools to encourage public participation and compliance.
- Network with other regional leaders to develop shared visions, approaches and resources.
- Participate in the development of a first-of-its-kind Local AIS Action Framework (LAF) that will be a guidance tool for local governments and their partners to utilize in planning for and allocation of local AIS prevention aid.